giovedì 11 settembre 2014

Lo avrebbe riconosciuto ovunque

Frederick Seidel at home in New York, 2009

AMERICAN

My face had been sliced off
And lay there on the ground like a washcloth
With my testicles and penis
Next to it.

The car had Wyoming plates.
I'd been to Colorado but not Wyoming,
Which I gather is beautiful.
The other one I hadn't seen was Utah.

Someone had carefully cut under it and lifted it off,
I suppose to obliterate the identity,
Except had left it out in the open.
It looked like a latex glove but also someone's face.

She told me she had always loved me.
I was the happy ending of a fairy tale.
She would recognize my penis anywhere,
Even on the ground.

Frederick Seidel, Poems 1959-2009, Farrar, Straus and Giroux, N.Y. 2013. Compratelo con un click mi raccomando.

4 commenti:

Anonimo ha detto...

mmm non lo so.

...se nun c'è er cansassiri chi me lo fa fa'...?

Luca Massaro ha detto...

Cansassirri? Kansas city?

Anonimo ha detto...

(nun ve lo meritate, alberto sordi...)

Massimo ha detto...

Immagino uno che scriva una poesia così in italiano ...
Comunque è bella.